Published on March 20th, 2016 | by Tracey Lincoln0
2016 ASPIRE Summer Program Hosted by UC Irvine
Access Summer Program to Inspire Recruit and Enrich High School Students in Engineering and Computer Science
The Henry Samueli School of Engineering and the Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences is accepting applications for the new ASPIRE Summer Program for rising high school juniors and seniors (class of 2017 and 2018). ASPIRE is a 2-week residential program that provides high school students hands on experience in engineering and computer science disciplines, including gaming, robotics, and programming.
The deadline to apply is Friday, April 8th.
Date: July 10-22, 2016
Location: UC Irvine
Application Deadline: Friday, April 8th
- 2 weeks of hands-on training in coding, designing, & prototype testing
- On-campus housing and meals
- Turn your idea into a product
- UCI faculty and student mentors
- Guest speakers & lab tours
- Certificate of completion
- Program T-Shirt
- Rising high school junior or senior (class of 2017 and 2018)
- 3.0 minimum GPA (unweighted)
- Available for entire program, including staying overnight onUCI campus
- Thirst for knowledge – no experience needed!
- Complete application (apply online: http://sites.uci.edu/aspire/)
- At least 1 completed recommendation form
- Resume (if you do not have a resume, learn how to create one: http://career.uci.edu/students/resume-faq.html
Cost: $250 (partial and full scholarships available)