Published on May 27th, 2015 | by Tracey Lincoln0
APPLY: Points of Light presents the American Express Leadership Academy
The 2015 Conference on Volunteering and Service will be held in Houston, where the spirit of volunteerism and civic engagement are deeply rooted. Alive with energy and rich in diversity, Houston is a dynamic mix of imagination, talent and first-class attractions that makes it a world-class city.
In conjunction with the 2015 Conference on Volunteering and Service in Houston, TX, Points of Light is pleased to offer the American Express Leadership Academy, which is developed and delivered by the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL). This program offers 24 emerging leaders an opportunity to participate in a marquis leadership development training program that includes a feedback-intensive learning environment and hands-on activities to enhance the leadership capacity of all the attendees.
- Applicants must currently be in the volunteering and service sector and have an interest in advancing into positions with greater leadership responsibility during their career. Specifically, applicants must be managers expecting to assume executive-level roles within five to ten years.
- Applicants must be willing to commit to the one-year initiative and have the support of their organization to participate.
- Applicants must complete all required pre-academy work; attend the entire academy and implement lessons learned during the academy at their organizations; and participate in all follow-up activities.
- Applicants must be a citizen, a permanent resident of the U.S. or its territories, or a non-citizen who speaks English fluently.
- Applicants must pay for travel-related costs. Travel-related costs include the following items: meals, lodging, air travel, and ground transportation. Funds granted by American Express will cover costs to attend the Leadership Academy, a welcome dinner the night before the program starts, breakfast and lunch on day one, and breakfast on day two.
- Applicants will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Individual demonstrates a high potential for assuming leadership roles
- Demonstrates commitment to a career in the nonprofit sector
- Geography, ethnicity, gender and professional background are all factors that will be weighted evenly during the review process
Deadline: A complete application and supporting documentation must be sent to AmericanExpress@pointsoflight.org and received on or before Friday, July 17, 2015. Applications received after the designated deadline will not be considered. No exceptions. Please submit any questions to Stephanie Armelin at email@example.com.
Register today and join us as we celebrate and shape the future of volunteerism!