Join the LAULYP Team for the 30th Annual AIDS Walk!
The Los Angeles Urban a League Young Professionals (LAULYP) are at it again making strides in the South Los Angeles community. Also referred to as the YPs, this dynamic group of people have joined forces with partnering organizations to raise money for the 30th Annual AIDS Walk LA. On Saturday October 4th, 2014 the YPs hosted a fundraiser social in partnership with Yogurtland Ladera Heights and Next Level Up Entertainment. YP members and community residents came down to show support by purchasing yogurt after which 50% of their purchase went to AIDS Walk Team #TeamLAULYP. The YPs goal is to raise $500 for AIDS Walk and AIDS Project Los Angeles where funds raised will go to services needed for people living with HIV/AIDS.
In partnership with AIDS Health Foundation and Swag 2 School, Inc. the YPs promoted an onsite HIV testing campaign called #UpdateYourStatus propelled through DoSomething.org. Attendees and Ladera Center patrons were able to get onsite 1 min HIV testing in front of Yogurtland Ladera Heights. The YPs were also able to arrange a regular biweekly FreeHIVTest.net testing unit at Yogurtland Ladera Heights where community residents can get tested for HIV. Residents that get tested will receive a free 5oz yogurt coupon for Yogurtland Ladera Heights.
Currently 1.1 million people are diagnosed with HIV/AIDS and over half are African American. On Sunday, October 12, 2014 #TeamLAULYP will walk in the 30th Annual AIDS Walk in West Hollywood to show continued support of HIV awareness and education in the urban community. The YPs will meet at 9:30am The YPs will conclude the walk with an “After Walk” gathering at SBE venue The Abbey.
To Join #TeamLAULYP Follow these simple instructions!
- Click on the link below or copy and paste the URL to be directed to the LAULYP AIDS Walk Page: bit.ly/1x4CYHn
- Click on Join Our Team
- Enter Email address and click Continue
- Login with Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn or Yahoo or Create a Login with a Username & Password
- Create a profile and your own personal fundraising page which will be linked to #TeamLAULYP
- The walk is free but you are more than welcome to make a donation or host a company fundraiser to raise funds for Team LAULYP!
Date: Sunday, October 12, 2014
Time: 8:30 a.m. Sign-In
9:15 a.m. Opening Ceremony Begins
10 a.m. AIDS Walk Los Angeles Begins
The Walk usually takes about 2.5 hours to complete.
Location: The Walk begins and ends in West Hollywood Park.
Length: 10 kilometers/6.2 miles
Transportation & Parking:
Arrive early! Parking is first-come, first-serve!
The AIDS Walk will start and end in West Hollywood Park located at 647 N San Vicente Blvd in West Hollywood (between Melrose Ave and Santa Monica Blvd).
Go green – Go Metro or carpool to West Hollywood!
- Leave the car and Go Metro to get to the AIDS Walk! Check out MTA’s Metro Trip Planner: http://
- Carpool with your friends and coworkers! By sharing a ride, you can significantly cut your commuting costs and put fewer cars on the road, reducing the amount of greenhouse gases produced.
Please Note: All “No Parking” and “Tow Away Zones” signs will be enforced!